inally building the home of your dreams is an exciting opportunity. It is important, though, to embark on this journey with all of your questions answered.
To give you the information and confidence needed to make the best decision, you should ask any prospective Prescott AZ home builder several questions.
Questions Concerning Builder’s Reputation
- How many houses have you built?
- How long have you been building houses?
- Do you have the proper licensing or certifications?
- How do your prices compare with other area home builders?
- What kind of warranty will I receive?
- Can I have a list of referrals? Are homes you have built available for me to tour?
Questions Pertaining to the Logistics
- What floor plans are available? Do you build from your plans or can I provide my own?
- What type of home design do you recommend?
- What features are standard? What upgrades can I choose?
- Will the home have any low-water or energy-saving features?
- How much will my new house cost?
- How long does building a new house take?
- Will I be able to see the home while it is being built? Am I allowed to bring others onto the build site?
- Who chooses the wall colors, floor material, cabinets, and other things in the house?
- Is any of the landscaping included in the price?
- Can I purchase things such as appliances from my brother (or other person) who works in the industry?
Questions About Customer Service
- What can I expect from you during the building process?
- Who do I contact with questions about the building of my new home during the process?
- Who do I talk with if I change my mind about something?
The list of questions serves as a guide to help you find the best builder for your new home. If there are other questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.